CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 22, 2009

Intense Enough

After watching the intensity of the Finals, somewhere along the line I begin to think....How often do these players work out to enable them to play at such high levels for majority of the game?
Kobe Bryant, for example has one of the most serious workout plans around and he calls it, the "666 Workout Plan". He works out 6 hours a day, 6 days a week, and training 6 months out of the year. It includes:

  • 2 hours of running
  • 2 hours of basketball
  • 1 hour of Cardio (boxing, jump rope, etc)
  • 1 hour of Weights
Now my workout is NOT going to be that extreme. Basketball is Kobe's career, so it makes sense for him to ensure that his body is at tip top shape. My own personal goals is to basically get back into shape. I grow a passion for working out while I played basketball back in high school. My workout may include:
  • 30 min of cardio
  • 30 min of abs
  • 30 min of weights
  • 10 min cool down
I'll keep you updated between sports hightlights on my progress. If you have any suggestions that seem to work pretty well, comment and send me a link or simply describe the move. Today in the gym I learned a new ab move called "Six - Pack Twist."

1 comments:

Syi said...

Here is a site that is really good if you are trying to work on your abs:
http://www.bessed.com/abworkouts/